Homeschool Creations

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Art Tutorials for Homeschoolers

I’m going to be honest with you all and tell you that art is one area that I absolutely STINK at being consistent with. Assuming that you count the token one or two projects a year as consistency. Yes, we talk about art, admire the pictures and artists, but as far as pulling out all the supplies {or purchasing them}, I tend to shy away from it.

Problem is, I have a daughter who absolutely adores art.

Fortunately, our co-op that has an amazing art teacher and for half of the year Laurianna receives some fabulous instruction from a teacher who WILL break out the art supplies. {grins}

Birds nest chalk pastel tutorial

Birds nest chalk pastel tutorial

BUT ~ I’m going to step out of my comfort zone here and dive into unchartered territory soon. I ordered soft chalk pastels and plan to have some fun with the kids observing the birds at our feeder and drawing them together.

Queen Anne's lace chalk pastel tutorial

Queen Anne’s lace chalk pastel tutorial

Tricia from Hodgepodge has a collection of free chalk pastel tutorials and acrylic paint tutorials that we are going to dive into. Her mom has been sharing these tutorials on the site and I know that our kids are going to love the lessons. 

Chicadee pastel tutorial

Chickadee chalk pastel tutorial

Is art one of your weaknesses too? Be sure to check out the free art lessons at Hodgepodge…and join in the art fun too. :) I may even start sharing a few of our creations here to keep myself accountable!

Jolanthe Signature affiliate button

Visit these great companies!

 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home