Homeschool Creations

Friday, July 30, 2010

Preschool Corner ~ Lowercase Letter Crafts a-d

Preschool CornerWe finished up the uppercase letter crafts {although I still have plans for a few different uppercase ones this coming year to go along with some books we’re going to be using. One thing that I will be focusing on a little bit more this year with Kaleb are the lowercase letters.

And of course, there need to be crafts to go along with the uppercase letter crafts that we did last year, right?

Some of my time this summer has been spent coming up with ideas for all the lowercase letters with Cindy from Along the Way {and truthfully a few of them still have us stumped}. Here are the first four lowercase letter crafts to share with you all. Just click on the thumbnail picture to see the direction for that letter craft.

 a is for apple craftb is for butterfly craft

c is for chameleon craft d is for daisy craft

I’ll be sharing more with you all from these in the upcoming weeks, but wanted to share these before I forget!

Stories & Books We Used

Ready to Link Up?

Share what you are doing with your kids! Please link your exact blog post to the Mr. Linky below and link back here too! The updated guidelines can be found here if you need them. Jolanthe Signature affiliate button

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

  • Jolanthe - Thank you so much for hosting this link up every week. I love your alphabet letters aboe, I will be starting to teach my 3 year old his ABC's next month, I will have to come back & look at all your resources! Thank you for sharing!
    Nicole

    By Blogger Mama to 5, At July 30, 2010 at 6:51 AM  

  • Jolanthe, I LOVE that letter "B" butterfly! We like that Monarch Butterfly book too.

    I am always so impressed with the ideas you come up with for these letter crafts, and of course, can't wait to do them either:-).

    By Blogger Susana, At July 30, 2010 at 8:23 AM  

  • These are wonderful! Thank you for sharing.

    By Anonymous Nichole, At July 30, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

  • Those look so awesome! What letters are you stuck on?

    By Blogger Ticia, At July 30, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

  • I cannot wait to do these with my son when he is ready to learn his letters. I think he will love it. Thanks for the ideas!

    By Blogger Nicole, At July 30, 2010 at 12:16 PM  

  • Those crafts are so very beautiful! Daisy is probably my favorite - it turned out so beautifully.

    By Blogger Natalie PlanetSmarty, At July 30, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

  • Totally LOVING the lowercase letters, they're way too cute! :)

    By Blogger Confessions Of A Homeschooler, At July 30, 2010 at 12:47 PM  

  • Wow you are so creative! When we restart the alphabet I may just use these ideas this time for part of our lessons. Seeing as Amelia worked right alongside Tabitha last year I doubt she will want to do last years crafts again.
    Have you thought about linking your alphabet crafts up to Cathy's Ultimate Alphabet Craft Collection over at The Attached Mama?
    http://theattachedmama.blogspot.com/2010/07/ultimate-alphabet-craft-collection.html

    By Blogger kewkew, At July 30, 2010 at 2:30 PM  

  • These lowercase letters are WONDERFUL! You both are so creative!

    By Blogger Counting Coconuts, At July 30, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

  • Your lowercase letter crafts are sooooo cute!

    By Blogger Unknown, At July 30, 2010 at 4:36 PM  

  • I love these! We'll be starting school on the 16th and these will be awesome to add to my lessons!

    By Blogger Unknown, At July 30, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

  • These look great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At July 31, 2010 at 1:23 AM  

  • Not sure if you have an idea for lowercase t, but I saw something the other day that made me think of this for some reason. Basically, the horizontal line of the t was a tree branch and the vertical line above the horizontal t line was the body of a toucan, and the vertical line below the horizontal t line was the toucan's tail feathers. I wish I could remember where I saw it. It was really cute.

    By Blogger Brandy, At July 31, 2010 at 10:42 AM  

  • Hi! I just found your blog and it's adorable1 I love teaching my girls new things as well as lots of art and fun. Great finding new ideas. We've taken a break for summer, but will start learning up again when my 9 year old returns to school. :-0 Have a great night!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    By Blogger Jill, At August 3, 2010 at 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home