Homeschool Creations

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tot School ~ Catching up!


~ Kaleb is 39 months ~
 
 

It has been FOREVER since I’ve posted about our Tot School activities.  Not that we haven’t been doing stuff with Kaleb ~ but he hasn’t been doing as much planned/focused activities as usual. These last two weeks have been much better, so here’s a little look at some of the things we’ve been up to!

I thought I had a picture of Kaleb playing the animal sorting game, but my brain must be mistaken. He really amazed me at how well he was able to sort all of the animals in the Animal Sorting File Folder Game I put together this week.

Before this cute little Melissa & Doug farm sound blocks disappear from our house, Kaleb had to play with it one last time.  I actually had it sitting out to give to a friend, but Kaleb had fun matching up the animals to hear their sounds.
IMG_2861

We had fun sorting pom poms by color in an ice cube tray from the Dollar Tree ~ the rainbow order came from an older sister who insists that all colors must be sorted JUST SO!

IMG_2865

Some friends of ours were kind enough to give us an electronic drum set for the boys. I’m still trying to come up with a way to appropriately thank them for their generosity {ahem}. 

IMG_2982

This picture is from a few weeks ago, but Life on the Farm has been one of Kaleb’s favorite games to play. Thank goodness the game is made out of a thick foam ~ super sturdy since he is rough on it. It’s been great too for going over our shapes and counting and colors.

IMG_3012

We took a trip to the children’s museum and Kaleb was fascinated by these tubes that would suck scarves in and blow them out up high ~ kept him occupied for quite some time! :)

IMG_3131

The dinosaurs were also something Kaleb spent a lot of time playing on ~ insisting that they were his ‘family’. I have no idea….

IMG_3146

And potty training…want to see how well it is going?? You can read more about the bribery initial potty training attempts and some umm…. technical issues. :)

IMG_3235
Don't forget to visit Carissa at 1+1+1=1 for some more Tot School posts.


Photobucket

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

  • Love the idea with the ice cube trays! Looks like we need to take a trip to the children’s museum to see all the new things!

    By Blogger Cindy, At February 28, 2010 at 9:17 PM  

  • Your museum looks awesome. My guy would love all those dinos too. And electric drums. Lucky you. Do they have a place to plug head phones in? Then the kids could hear themselves but you wouldn't have to listen.

    By Blogger Cindy, At February 28, 2010 at 11:56 PM  

  • Love the undies on his head LOL!!!! I made thoe playdough mats, but I have only done A and B.....need to get cracking don't I so I can share the file LOL!!

    By Blogger Kylie, At March 1, 2010 at 1:24 AM  

  • The museum looks so fun!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At March 1, 2010 at 1:50 AM  

  • Hey Jolanthe...awesome fun going on here. You are so amazing with all your creations and also very generous to share your files with your readers.

    I linked to your awesome Geography website from the yahoo group.... I am using your plan, it really is such a great help when you just don't have the time to put everything together.

    I appreciate all that you do, thank you again...truly!

    xxx

    By Blogger Sarah, At March 1, 2010 at 3:33 AM  

  • Looks like Kaleb had a fun few weeks! I love the rainbow sorting of the pom poms.. I can't imagine what sister that would have been ;-). Which children's museum is that.. it looks awesome!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At March 1, 2010 at 7:36 AM  

  • My daughter loves that air machine too. She will stand and play for it for atleast the first 20 minutes before I can drag her to the rest of the museum (mainly farm area). Love the pom pom tray idea....I'll make a stop by the dollar Tree today, hope I can find it.

    By Anonymous Aly in Va, At March 1, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

  • I am just starting to get things together to start home preschool with my 2.5 yr old Blaze. I am working on making him the Cars lapbook right now and I have the stuff for a lot of the others already printed out. I love your blog and the links you have are great. Thanks and if there is anything specific that you think would be great to help with developing speech I will be all ears. My son is super smart but behind in speech because of ear impactions and may cases of strep causing him to get really sick and get ear infections. They have cleaned his ears out and I am working with him and he is saying more but I am not sure what else I can do. Sorry to write a book in your comment section haha.

    By Blogger Shana Putnam, At March 2, 2010 at 2:31 AM  

  • Looks like a fun week! I love the pic w/ the undies on his head - looks like something my toddler would do (we are potty training now too). Love your blog! :) <><

    By Blogger Mama to 5, At March 2, 2010 at 5:51 AM  

  • I have to add my appreciation for the picture of the newest form of hat. Cute. The Children's Museum looks like so much fun. I was thinking I wished I lived somewhere close to such a place, when I realized we do have some sort of science museum/aviation museum a couple of hours away, went there with Girl Scouts when my older daughter was in. Maybe we'll have to make a trip in a year or so.

    Also wanted to let you know, through my blog hopping today I discovered another neat way to meet new blog friends, Tribe Talk, and I chose you as one of my picks.

    By Blogger kewkew, At March 2, 2010 at 2:36 PM  

  • The museum looks awesome - tell me it is near me :) But truly, where is it?

    Love the shot of your son and his undies...LOL!

    By Blogger Mary@notbefore7, At March 7, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home