Homeschool Creations

Friday, October 23, 2009

Preschool Corner: Letter Ff

This was my last week working with the co-op kids, so next week it'll be my own kiddos that you see here. :) Back to normal ~ as much as that actually happens around these part!

While I have been going alphabetically up to this point, next week I'm going to start mixing it up a bit and skipping around the alphabet.

Just for fun {and to most likely drive myself and others crazy}. I haven't decided if I'm going to let you all in on my rough plan of what we'll be studying...because then that means I have to stick to it and there are times that that just doesn't happen!

If you're new here or linking up for the first time, be sure to let us know!! Leave a comment and say hi ~ I'd love to stop by and visit you!

Here's how our week with the letter F worked out. If you need some more ideas, be sure to check out this post I did earlier with different ideas to use in your home along with some printables.

Alphabet Book



We made a 'fire' with a marshmallow to toast for our alphabet page this week.


You'll Need:
  • Red, yellow and orange tissue paper cut into small squares
  • Brown construction paper
  • Brown pipe cleaner
  • Cotton ball
  • Letter F alphabet page
  • Glue
To Make:

{Note: I cut out the pieces ahead of time since we have a short amount of time and a lot to do ~ otherwise I would recommend letting the kids cut out their own pieces as much as possible!}

1. Cut the tissue paper into 2" squares and the brown construction paper into rectangles to make 'logs'.

2. Push the pipe cleaner through the marshmallow as best you can {you might need to help out with this part, since ours were a little tough to do}.

3. Have your child glue the logs into an 'X' shape to make a wood pile to build their fire. Crumple up the tissue paper and glue it above the logs to make a fire.

4. Glue the marshmallow on the stick to the alphabet page.


Art





Foxy F ~ We made this foxy letter F together too - you can read more about it on this craft post.

Game



I Spy ~ Here's the next installment in our 'I Spy' the alphabet series. There was a LOT to find in the classroom this week!

Songs and Rhymes

Two Feet Song
{to the tune of 'Sally has a red shirt'....well, I think that's the tune...}

I can walk with two feet, two feet, two feet,
I can walk with two feet, all day long.

Repeat filling in with:

I can jump with two feet...
I can hop with two feet...
I can run with two feet...
I can march with two feet...
I can skip with two feet...
I can slide with two feet...

Additional Resources



Feelings ~ Can you guess how these kiddos are feeling? Sleepy. Confused. Scared. Surprised. Angry. The kids had a blast acting out the feelings cards that I used from Carisa over at 1+1+1=1. You can download a bunch of great activities on feelings on her site.

Stories & Books We Used:

I know. There's a LOT of Froggie books in this line-up. But I LOVE Froggie. Really, I do ~ and the kids do too!



About the Preschool Corner:

The Preschool Corner is a place for us to share the ideas we are using during our "preschool time" with our kids. You can join in the fun and record what you are doing in your house. Please link your exact blog post to the Mr. Linky below (if you have questions feel free to ask). Be sure to link back to this blog post so that your readers can find some other great ideas too!

The guidelines can be found here if you need them.

Share what you've been doing in your house this week!



Photobucket

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • Hi Jolanthe

    I have just come over from Carisa's 1+1+1=3 blog. Carisa mentioned your blog and Preschool Corner.

    I have thorougly enjoyed looking through your most recent posts and am looking forward to reading more of your blog.

    You have made learning about the letter F so much fun. You have so many original, creative and inspiring ideas.

    I will be visitng again soon.

    By Blogger Elise, At October 23, 2009 at 6:51 AM  

  • Great week! Love that fox letter "Ff".

    We did that same fire "art" picture last week too, from Kids' Soup, only difference is we didn't have the cute marshmallow stick:-).

    By Blogger Susana, At October 23, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

  • Ok that fire is so so great! And the Marshmallow just completes the picture. Love it!

    By Blogger Goat Gal, At October 23, 2009 at 11:39 AM  

  • I love the F for fire activity with the marshmello. My son still talks about camping from this summer and the fire. This would be a great activity to do with him.

    By Blogger Unknown, At October 23, 2009 at 2:49 PM  

  • I like that fire craft. We don't do any letter crafts at home, because my daughter has "letter of the week" activities in her preschool, but I always enjoy reading about what others do - so creative!

    By Blogger Natalie PlanetSmarty, At October 26, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home