Homeschool Creations

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Tot School ::30::


~ Kaleb is 33 months ~

We're *almost* adjusted and getting into a routine with our school time for everyone. The older kids are more of the primary focus, so Kaleb gets the brunt of 'No Mommy Time' but we're still getting in some learning time together.

Here's a little peek into our week together:

Monday




Kaleb loves the paper clip matching game that we made and we practiced naming colors while getting the paper clips on.



When I pulled out the foam shape matching cards for Zachary {from Discovery Toys} Kaleb wanted to play along too. He eventually did match shapes up to make the 'clown' but first had fun naming some of the shapes and also stacking the circles together.

His arms are the side-effect of Mommy trying to do school time with Zachary while he found his markers and hid in the kitchen coloring ~ himself. :)



When you have two older sisters, chances are you are going to play dress up and be sucked into the world of ballet. {He is sooooo going to love me for these pics in the years to come!}

Tuesday



To go along with our caterpillar studies, Kaleb had fun coloring the caterpillar from Eric Carle's 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar'.



Playing with our clothespin color swatch matching game and having fun naming colors.



Sorting all the pegs by color and then stacking them,

Wednesday




I found a mini-book geared toward little ones on the life cycle of the butterfly that has some cute graphics showing the caterpillar yawning and snuggling up in his chrysalis to go to sleep. Kaleb loved it and had fun telling me about the caterpillar {happy, sleepy, yawning, etc...}.



We pulled out our chalkboard this week too and Kaleb spent so much time drawing and coloring while we were doing school time with the bigger kids. He had fun drawing circles for me. :)

Thursday



In one of the rare pictures of me {thanks to Zachary hijacking my camera}, Kaleb and I lined up the markers and he would tell me the name of the color after I stood them up. When he finished them all, he took GREAT joy in knocking them all over and the 'Do it again!!'

Friday



On Friday we played a bunch of games together and pulled out a Curious George balloon game I picked up. We couldn't play it the way we were supposed to since I bought it used and quite a few pieces were missing. Instead, Kaleb would name the colors I held up and then match them to the right balloon.

That's it for this week! Don't forget to visit Carissa at 1+1+1=1 for some more Tot School posts.

Photobucket

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home