Homeschool Creations

Thursday, July 23, 2009

You Asked! ::1::

I try really hard to answer any questions that you all have when you either email me or leave a comment. I'll mention again that it's SO much easier for me to respond if your email address is 'shown' only to me. It's quick and simple in blogger to enable it {I promise!!}.

I've been saving some of the questions you all have had because it would be helpful to reply via a post so others {who might have the same question} can see the answer too. I'm going to try to answer a few of them every now and then for you all.

Today I'm focusing on the ones that related to printables I've made and Scribd.

Q: I was able to download all of the printables except one. It still takes me to Scribd, but instead of having a choice to "download", like all of the others, this one does not - only allows me to print. I was wondering if you knew what the problem might be? Or perhaps you could send me a .pdf of the document??

A: Occasionally I have issues with Scribd and the 'download' option does not appear. Please let me know if this happens! I believe that I have fixed all the problems so far, but I really do want to know if you have problems with something I've posted. Several readers aren't able to download things because of where they live, and I will happily send you the pdf via email if needed!

Q: Do you have any new cards coming? (LOL) - they are just SO great, I can't wait to see what you come up with next!!

A: Should I get my bum in gear, I have two different sets of cards coming up along with some workbox tags. For preschoolers I am working on words with four letters {similar to my 3 letter ones} and for geography I have some flag cards coming soon! Of course, I'm always open to suggestions!

Q: How do you upload and publish documents to Scribd so they are multi-page documents. I use Microsoft Publisher to make my documents. HELP!!??!!

A: I use Microsoft Publisher also to create my documents but convert them to pdf files before uploading them to Scribd. I found a great FREE pdf converter called Cute Pdf Writer and love it! It is super-quick and simple to convert any file - you choose the 'pdf writer' as your 'printer' and it saves it as a pdf within seconds! I am then able to upload the entire document to Scribd as multi-page documents instead of page by page.

Q: How do you get a picture {thumbnail} of your document in your sidebar? Do you do it through Scribd?

A: Scribd is bypassed on this one! I actually use the 'print screen' feature on my computer and make a small graphic of the page that I want to feature. I add text using Picasa and then upload the edited graphic to Photobucket. I can use the html from there to create a button that links to the document itself.

Hope that helps you all out! Keep the questions coming - I'll do my best to answer!

Photobucket

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • How about this one...what is this "networkedblogs.com" address I get when I click coming from faceb.ook?

    I love you and your Scribd docs :)

    By Blogger Mary@notbefore7, At July 23, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

  • a girl after my heart- i love the print screen function. you are good and use it a lot more than i do! but the result is fabulous!
    LOVE your blog!!!

    By Blogger Keri, At July 23, 2009 at 5:25 PM  

  • I never thought of that idea for the print screen function. I take a snap shot of mine in Adobe and use photo editing software to add text or resize it. I think your method sounds great!

    By Blogger Sandra, At July 24, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

  • wow thanks for this post it was really helpful in figuring this stuff out!!! html and blogging is so new to me! :) thanks a bunch

    By Blogger Nadia, At July 28, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home