Homeschool Creations

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

School's Out Summer Challenge {girly-style}


A few days ago I shared Zachary's School's Out! Challenge, but wanted to also share what we're doing with the girls. They've been working like mad to earn some of the treats on their list and have already listened to three different audio books in the Narnia series and completed NUMEROUS other feats to earn those precious points.

Note: ** I am not the one who came up with the idea ~ I based ours from Carissa's Summer Plans at 1+1+1=1. Be sure to head over and see what she's doing too!**


The girls earn points based on a list that I pulled together of school-type things or helping out around the house. There are different levels of points that they can cash in for a prize...or show a little restraint to save up for a big prize. Once a prize has been earned it is crossed off the list and they can start on another one. I happen to have some things that I found at yard sales for **cheap, cheap, cheap** to use as bribery bait incentive.

25 points: Trip to Target dollar section; trip to Dollar Tree; book from Gift & Thrift

50 points: Outfit for Our Generation doll or Frosty from Wendy's

75 points: Ice cream for dinner or a little sister for Only Hearts Club doll



The points page is hanging nearby to remind me of how many points then can earn for different things {the areas are similar to Zachary's, but stepped up a notch}:

~ Reading/Listening: Audio books {in the van} or reading independently

~ Writing - a complete story {illustrated earns bonus points}

~ Bible - daily Bible reading together {without fighting}

~ Spanish - Using a cd-rom we have and knowing the words Mommy asks

~ Lapbook review - going over the lapbooks we've done this past year

~ Letter writing - choose someone on our list to write to {practicing addressing and proper letter etiquette} - grandparents, cousins, uncles/aunts, Compassion child

~ Chores & Extra: Cleaning up without being asked, going all day without tv, etc....

If you are interested in doing something similar with your kids, I uploaded a blank set of Summer Challenge sheets for boys and girls to Scribd. Just follow the link and you can download your own set to print off. If it doesn't work for you, let me know and I can email you the pdf file.

Just wanted to pass along a little something that is Working for Me!


Photobucket

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • This is an awesome idea--I have come over to your blog several times because your title sounded interesting...I'm going to follow! Thanks

    By Blogger Heather, At June 24, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

  • This is really cute! I saw Carissa idea last year and wanted to do something similar too!

    Our kiddos just signed up for Summer Reading, and they get a free pool pass once they've completed their lists......it's AMAZING how much my daughter has read in the past two days, LOL, like 10 reader books a day.

    I guess I've been missing something with the incentives, ha ha!

    Blessings,

    Valerie

    By Blogger Valerie McClintick, At June 25, 2009 at 1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home