Homeschool Creations

Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Joys of Homeschool Convention

I love homeschool convention time.

Love it.

Wandering around the huge vendor hall. Finding great deals in the used curriculum sale. Refueling by listening to some amazing speakers.

Going into convention I had all my curriculum choices lined up {in a nice little row thank.you.very.much} ~ so certain of what I needed to buy. Wanted to do. Planned to follow.

Here I am on the other side of convention having ditched one of my curriculums {language} and will now be spending the next few weeks furiously reviewing a new language curriculum for our upcoming year.

If you are at all familiar with my personality, this is really stretching me. Putting me out of my comfort zone. But I am very excited about our upcoming year and getting planning underway.

I'll be sharing the different areas we'll be studying next year and also our plans for the summer in the next little bit, so stay tuned. {And feel free to ask any questions!!}

Photobucket

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • I would LOVE to know which language curriculum you were planning on vs. which curriculum you are now considering? I just did this switcheroo with 5th grade history and am SO glad I did!! Good luck!

    I am not opposed to switching my daughter's current language curriculum, that's why I am so very curiously, anxiously awaiting your "ponderings" in this area!!!

    Thank you--glad you had a good time!
    email @ customblog@gmail.com

    By Blogger Susana, At June 14, 2009 at 10:10 PM  

  • Not a bad thing to switch over if you found something that suited your needs better. Hooray for you!

    By Blogger Bailey's Leaf, At June 14, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

  • Ok, I'm curious too, what made you switch language programs???

    Joesette

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 15, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

  • i can't wait to see your plans!

    I want a good spanish program - fun, effective, easy to teach, cheap or free...lol - that's not asking too much is it?

    By Blogger DairyQueen, At June 15, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

  • I like to have everything figured out before convention too. Please tell us what you ditched and what you're looking for.

    By Blogger Kristenph, At June 16, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home