Homeschool Creations

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Tot School ::24::

Tot School

~ Kaleb is 30 months ~

The last two weeks I've been using a little planning form I made up to hang on my fridge so that I would:

a) plan intentional activities with Kaleb
b) have them staring me in the face to ensure Kaleb doesn't just get 'Mommy leftovers'

That said, here's how I broke up our week:

Monday: water pouring, Nemo book; watercolor painting
Tuesday: 2 pc puzzles; hair scrunchis, Wii
Wednesday: tp ramps & cars; veggie/fruit cards; nature walk
Thursday: alpha puzzles; foam shapes; sandbox time
Friday....well, umm....I was getting ready for my own birthday party and baking a cake. {grins}

And here's the FUN stuff ~ the pictures of how it played out.

Kaleb LOVED pouring water from the mini-pitcher and into the cups. We have a kid's Tupperware set that is now one of his favorite things to do. Next time, I will be a little wiser and let him do it on the deck where the water mess isn't an issue {for me, not him ~ he could care less!}.



I pulled out the letters of Kaleb's name with our alphabet puzzles and we had fun playing with those together and {trying to} name the letters.



Kaleb matched shapes {and named circles and triangles) with our foam shapes and cards.



On one of trips to the dollar store, I bought a pack of hair scrunchies and we used a peg from our ring toss game. Kaleb had to stretch the scrunchies over the edge of the peg and slide them down. We also used them to work on naming colors ~ we've got green and blue down pat {and I'm sure it's no small cooincidence that his favorite binkies are green and blue...}



Everyone wanted to be a part of the toilet paper tube ramps with little cars. Once we were done making ramps, the cars moved on up to the big slide and went flying down the BIG ramp!



And this is a little man intent on playing football...for all of 4 seconds or so. Covered in sand from the freshly cleaned sandbox.



Before I forget, I posted my 'Tot School' planning form if you want to use it {graphics are courtesy of Carissa at 1+1+1=1). Click on the thumbnail graphic to print it off.




Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to visit Carissa at 1+1+1=1 for some more Tot School posts.

Photobucket

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have a question and would like a reply, feel free to ask. I do my best to reply personally to you, but please be sure that there is an email linked to your comment or your profile! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home